Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fat to fit - The Beginning


I came across a cute blog a while ago called Diminishing Lucy and have been one of those annoying lurkers, so I have decided to start my own weightloss blog as I feel it could be quite therapeutic for me to expel my feelings in words here instead of ingesting them via chocolate or ice creams!
(Magnum Golds are satan's invention people!!)

I have been reading a few of Lucy's Fat to Fit friends blogs in the last few weeks so many of their stories are similar to mine, I had no idea that so many others felt the same way I do alot of the time and sadly I share the same recent heartbreak and disappointments.

My story

I lived in the UK for almost a decade and returned to Australia in 2007 with a new baby, lovely hubbie and almost 20 kilos of blubber. fast forward 3 years and I am still carrying 17 kilos of blubber - well done to me I have lost 3 kilos in 3 years, I am such an inspiration! um not.

I have realised in recent years that I am an emotional eater and since the last few years have been somewhat of an emotional rollercoaster (will share more in the coming months) and I know that I have to try and teach myself to seek refuge in things other than food if I am ever going to win this battle for lifelong health.

Dont you just love it when you hear of people who get stressed or upset and go for a run or do yoga to de-stress,well me, I buy chocolate/wine/ice cream, usually in that order!!!ha

I am 36 years old. I was slim at school as I was an avid ballet dancer and tennis player, then in my 20's I always ran or visited the gym which continued in London. I pretty much ate what I wanted probably to excess, my older friends always warned me that it would catch up with me sooner or later. Oh how I laughed , but when I turned 30 it was like my inner furnace light just snuffed it and all of a sudden it just was not working for me anymore and I put about 7 kilos and then I fell pregnant at 31 and I thought oh well will worry about it later, well it is 5 years later and now I am worrying about it.

Starting weight 86KG! yikes


3 comments:

  1. I haven't linked up to this week's Fat To Fit yet (saving it for after my weigh-in tomorrow morning) but real glad you joined up and I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining the hop!... and for starting your own blog... you can't get encouragement from just being a lurker!

    Goodness just being in the UK made you put on so much weight! That's why I'm so obese then....I've always lived here...lol

    Looking forward to reading your progress and hopefully giving you a bit of a hand inn the future!

    *hugs*

    Gail xxx

    My weightloss blog is http://journeywithslimmingworld.blogspot.com/ by the way... I sign in under my craft blog name- haven't worked out how to make them separate lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey......well done for STARTING this journey. The starting of this type of health thing is hard. But ow you have started, you will gain momentum....

    I really look forward to reading your progress, highs and lows, over the coming months...

    ReplyDelete