Thursday, October 7, 2010

Plan it or wing it?



Lately I have got off track with my planning of meals and then tracking them online via WW and this goes for my exercise too. I feel pleased that I am making progress and since I started 5 weeks ago I have lost weight consistently every week just in very, very, teeny amounts. I know it is a step in the right direction rather than the other way but I feel now I reallllllly have to amp it up and start exercising 6 days a week and plan meals for 7 days to start getting some pretty ambitious goals I have in mind before Christmas day rolls around.

If you are a planner please I would appreciate any tips you may have? Or even if you are winger how do you make it work for you??
or just join on the blog hop below!



4 comments:

  1. I'm no help at all. I just go to the store, buy what I think I want to eat for the week and then pick something daily to fix.

    I'm not a tracker either, although everyone says it helps a lot!

    Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I buy groceries for the week I have a plan on what they are for. And then I eat whichever meal, whatever night. And I get to feel all spontaneous and stuff! lol.

    do what has worked for you until now. But be more rigid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a planner...I plan a week or two in advance and write my shopping list around my plan. I save 2 points every day for "wiggle room" in case I get extra hungry or need a treat! If I don't use them its a bonus!! I also make it easy by making enough of my nightly meals to have them the next day for lunch or stick them in the freezer for later. I try to allocate a set number of points for each meal..eg 4 for brekky, 5 for lunch, 7 for dinner, 4 for snacks as a base to work around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for the comments I appreciate it. Melissa that is a great idea of picking which meals you want each night!
    Andrea someone at WW this week said that they allocate 5 each for breakfast lunch and dinner which I thought was a little strict so I like your suggestion better!

    ReplyDelete