Friday, October 8, 2010

To train or not to train??



I have joined a gym today! When I lived in the UK I was a member of gym called Holmes Place and boy was it plush! (photos above) Had computerised machines with built in TVs, ipod docks, the weight machines were computerised so all you had to do was insert a chip card with all you details on it and it would automatically adjust the weight AND seat to your program! Then after the workout you had walk in plunge pools and water massages....oh those were the days.

Due to living on one income flashy gyms are a thing of the past and lets face it who the heck has the time to float around in plunge pools anyway so I have joined a no frills gym 2 minutes from my house for the princely sum of $60 a month. It is teeny tiny and only a few machines but the weights look new and clean so that is the main thing. Another gym I looked at joining a little while ago who shall remain nameless (Fitness First - ok I am not nice) but the weights area was filthy and smelly and dont even get me started on the change and shower rooms!!

I currently mapping out my plan of attack in the next day or so as I have decided to start training, yes I said, training - no more light exercise for me - 6 days a week

2 comments:

  1. Training suggests committment. Which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you! I have been slack with my running. I got a cold that lasted 5 weeks (which meant I couldn't go) and now the cold has finally abated but the running is yet to recommence. You have inspired me to hit the pavement this pm! Will probably look more like 'light exercise' than training, but it will be a start!

    ReplyDelete