Sunday, September 12, 2010

Exercise how I loathe thee?


I used to really like exercising when I was slimmer, I especially really liked doing spin classes when I lived in London at our works gym. I am reallllllly struggling to get back into any form of exercising at the moment and yesterday after setting off for a 30 minute walk, which I have been trying to incorporate this week, I actually turned around after 9 mins!!
I was pushing the little peach in a stroller I have borrowed from a friend as ours was packed away long ago. the walk was just so crap as the stroller wheels kept getting stuck on the pavement, it was quite hot and my tummy roll of fat was causing my shorts to push down, so I kept having to stop to pull them back up , plus I also realised that an old exercise bra I dug out of the drawer was waaaaay too small for me now and was digging into my back causing some fat rolls to spill out over the top and wobble as I walked!

Basically I was just not feeling great and if I am being completely honest I was embarrassed to be walking along the road with all the traffic and feeling like people would be driving by gawking at me or just making rude comments. I know people do it.

The other thing is that I was just so damn grumpy yesterday as I wanted to eat biscuits and chocolate like I usually do most afternoons with a cup of sugary tea. booo hooo. I know the first few weeks will be the hardest to break bad habits but damn it sucks...


4 comments:

  1. OK.

    Just breath and bear with me on this one?

    Can you walk early in the morning? Without stroller? As it moves into warmer weather, this is a better time to walk. Strollers are a pain. Early mornings are quieter on the roads.

    Go and get a sports bra that fits and some supportive undies. I promise you this will make the world of difference to how you move and how you feel. I promise.

    I can totally relate to feeling like you do. I was convinced that people were thinking bad and mean stuff about me. BUT they are NOT. If they even notice, most likely they are thinking "good on you".

    When you see people walking out and about, do you think badly of them? Or do you wish you were out there getting some exercise?

    I'm sorry if I sound like I am nagging, but I have truly been where you are. The reason it sucks is because you are on the precipice of change........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment on my blog, and sadly I did the drawing yesterday. But, I will be hosting a challenge in October which will have a prize for participants at the end. Also, i'm not sure if you are intersted, but I do a monthly newsletter, and I am considering doing one of the pieces on Jillian Michaels in the October issue. Let me know if you want to get it. My email is katiewarren88 [at] gmail [dot] com!

    <3 Katie
    wwww.katie-fttw.blogspot.com

    PS - I agree with Lucy about the undies. I HATE working out in unsuitable undies. It ruins the whole experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lucy! I actually went to our local parks sat morning boot camp session at 7am and I thought how nice it is to be out in the park at that time of the morning. It got me thinking that I could get up 40 mins before hubby leaves for work and walk for 30 mins as you are right, soon it will be too hot to exercise later in the day. !! thanks again you are a great inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pleasure babe. I walk/jog/workout at 6am daily, because it is so peaceful and quiet, and lovely husband deals with the kids, and I am home by 7am to give them brekky as he leaves for work. It's just is such a good and postive start, mentally and physcially, for the day.

    ReplyDelete