Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's official dark chocolate is not good for you


Since joining weight watchers this week and downloading a points application for my iphone and I have been checking the labels of the usual things I buy like cereals, cheese and biscuits. I was surprised at a few of them lets just say.

Well once a week I shop at Aldi to get a few basics and most weeks I get one of their dark chocolate mousses. well I was not kidding myself in thinking that choc mousse was good for me but I did not think it was as bad as the label stated it was. 13 POINTS!!! one little measely cup of dark choc mousse is almost 3/4 of my daily allowance....blimey. I used to giggle as I put it in my trolley that I will get the dark choc one for the antioxidants.....yes really I did....sad..yeah I used to giggle as I bent over to put it in my trolley almost wincing in pain as my pants were cutting into my fat stomach...yeah I should have giggling....um not.

Lets face it when you buy products that you know are not good for you, you say oh tomorrow I will be better and this is the last I am ever going to buy this choc mousse/mini toblerone/M&M's but of course I was back doing the same thing again the next day with something different.This is why I am glad I have joined WW as it does make you realise why you are fat in the first place with huge portion sizes and also how bad food really does account for why you eat over your daily recommended intake.

the lady at the registration desk at WW yesterday said to a lady in front of me who had returned after a few months break ' dont fret it has taken you months to come back as you will be glad you joined now by Christmas day wont you?' and it is true as these last few days I have been kicking myself that I did not join back in June and exercised and dieted during winter so now spring is here I would have been much skinnier, but I have to remove this negative thought and think of that lady's comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment