Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rainy day inspiration


I posted yesterday about being inspired to fit into old clothes through my spring cleaning, which I feel was a little shallow, ha um not! looking good in nice clothes is very very important, but I would like to share what is the main inspiration for me to finally get my piggy issues in order and shed the kilos I am currently carrying.

As I have posted about before growing up and into my twenties I never had a problem with my weight as I basically ate whatever I liked and still stayed the same. I remember just before my first day of work after finishing uni my mum promised me that she would take me shopping for some 'key' work outfits. I remember being so excited of going into Country Road and trying on some work linen dresses that I thought would go really well with some pewter satin pumps (this was the early 90's after all!) and i tried on a size 8 dress which looked stupid as it was so baggy! Luckily for me, my mum was great sewer and took it in for me and I looked and felt great on my big first day.

Now I am not writing this to boast (to all the 3 people that read this!)but really just to hash it out in my head. I do really feel for people when I read about them being overweight even as a child and the battle has been a lifelong one, but what happens when people who have been previously slim most of their lives and eat whatever they wanted to becoming obese like I am now?? In a way our struggles are the same as we have eaten badly most of our lives and it is only catching up with some of us in recent years as opposed to childhood.

All of my family are overweight apart from one of my brothers who trains and exercises manically (due to a mid life crisis ha ha). My mum has diabetes and my dad late last year was diagnosed as pre diabetic. Both my grandmas were diabetic also. It scares the buggies out of me that I will get it as it truly is a horrible disease and you can die from it if you cant control your weight or what you eat. my mum struggles with it daily.

my mum and dad are away on a cruise for a month at the moment and before they went I spoke to dad about joining weight watchers and wanting to get my weight under control for good as I joined the day they left and I said I hoped that when he got back I would have lost 5% of my body weight and he said I am proud of you. so fingers crossed I make it!

So my inspiration is the above, health and to make my dad proud, obviously besides to be fit and healthy and live a long life for my little peach and husband, but that is a whole other post for another day!

So what is your inspiration??

No comments:

Post a Comment