Thursday, September 23, 2010

A new perspective



Recently I came across a lovely blog that I posted about here.

Her leader at weight watchers said the below

"As one of my leaders used to remind us, the time is going to go by anyway, so who cares how long it takes? Wouldn't you rather spend that time at least making steps in the right direction? Because where will you be in 4 years if you *don't* start making those changes? How much more of your life are you willing to lose? How much more of your precious life will you allow to slip by, continuing to be unhappy and unhealthy?"

This comment really has helped me in the last week as it has changed my perspective and whole attitude to losing weight as it really is so true, the time will pass regardless,spring will turn into summer, then into autumn.....do i really want to spend that time being miserable and fat???

Some days I cannot believe it is almost 4 years since my little peach was born and 4 years I have been carrying close to 20 kilos of extra weight. No bleedin' wonder I am so tired all the time! I only has a small loss this week but as the above states it is all about taking steps in the right direction and I certainly do not want to spend another 4 years not living life but merely existing and being invisible which is how I feel most days.


5 comments:

  1. Such wonderful advice :) I bet it will change your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words! I wish someone had told me that when my daughter was first born and I was disgusted with my 61kg body. I didn't like how I looked but it was all too hard to do anything about it. 3 years later, and I am 20kg heavier :|

    Well done on your loss, every little bit counts and is one step closer to the finish line!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful advice! Thank you for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful! I got something similar for myself last week. I love all this learning and sharing together. It's such a support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great way to put things in perspective. xxx

    ReplyDelete